Sunday, February 14, 2010

Necessary steps will be taken to protect actor

In the wake of veteran actor Thilakan alleging that he got death threat for his outbursts against superstars, Minister for Culture and Education M A Baby Sunday said necessary steps would be taken to protect his life.

'The government has the responsibility to protect the life and property of every citizen. Home department will enquire and take necessary steps to protect the actor. It will also verify whether the threat was a 'fake' or not', he told reporters.

Asked if government would intervene in solving the problem between Thilakan and Association of Malayalam Movie Artistes (AMMA),he said 'people in the film sector will themselves solve the problem. They have the efficiency and patience to solve the problem', he said.

AMMA had served a show cause notice to Thilakan to tender an unconditional apology for his outburst against superstars failing which he would have to face disciplinary action.

On February 12, Thilakan lodged a complaint with police, saying he received a call from the Gulf stating that a gang had been engaged to "finish him off" within a week if he did not stop his utterances against superstars.

Thilakan had earlier alleged that Film Employees Federation of Kerala (FEFKA) and AMMA had imposed an undeclared ban on him for acting in a film directed by Vinayan, bete noire of the film outfits.

The row started when Thilakan was denied a role in the film `Christian Brothers' for which he had been booked, allegedly at the instance of FEFKA.

No comments:

Amazon Contextual Product Ads