Saturday, July 10, 2010

Blasts: Court rejects Madani�s bail plea

engaluru, July 9: A fast track court on Friday dismissed the anticipatory bail application filed by Abdul Nasser Madani, one of the accused in the 2008 Bengaluru serial blasts. Madani had moved the anticipatory bail application after the city police submitted an additional chargesheet naming six accused on June 11 before an ACMM. The names include Madani, of Karunagapalli in Ernakulam, Shoaib, alias Faizal of Paapinsseri in Kerala, Sarfuddin, of Kuruva in Kannur, Thajuddin, of Ernakulam, Abdul Khadar, of Virajapet in Kodagu district, and P.B. Sabeer, of Perambavoor in Ernakulam.

Public prosecutor K. Rudraswamy said the investigating officer in the case has gathered substantial material to establish the role of Mr Madani in the 2008 blasts. Madanis counsel P. Usman had filed an application before the 5th fast track sessions court stating the Kerala police was tracking Madani�s movements. Mr Usman said his client had been accused of travelling out of Kerala and conspiring with other accused in the Bengaluru serial blasts. The Kerala police had been recording Madani�s speeches outside Kerala over the last three years. �Madani�s counsel had filed an application seeking government documents available with the Kerala police department. He stated that Madani was provided security and hence his movements were recorded. He contended the allegations that Madani travelled to Karnataka and Kasargod to hatch the plot for 2008 blasts were baseless. Later, Madani�s counsel withdrew the application and submitted the details of his movements, Mr Rudraswamy said.

No comments:

Amazon Contextual Product Ads