Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pvt bus operators withdraw strike call



THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The private bus operators in the state have withdrawn their decision to go on an indefinite strike from Thursday after the Government assured that a permanent regulatory commission would be constituted to look into all issues pertaining to bus operators.

Transport Minister Jose Thettayil told reports after talks with the bus operators here on Thursday that a three-member regulatory committee would soon be constituted. The committee would comprise of a judicial member, an expert in the field of transport and an expert in economics.

A government official would be the member-secretary of the commission.

All issues pertaining to bus operations, including fare revision and student concession, could be taken up before the regulatory commission.

It has been a long-pending demand of bus operators to constitute a permanent commission to deal with the issues. Earlier, the bus operators had decided to go on strike from Thursday demanding further increase in the fares.

Meanwhile, Thettayil said that the State would approach the Supreme Court against the Karnataka High Court order upholding the ban on vehicular traffic through Kozhikode - Bangalore highway. The Karnataka government had earlier assured that the matter would be sorted out, he said

No comments:

Amazon Contextual Product Ads