Saturday, April 24, 2010

Shashi Tharoor gets a warm welcome in Thiruvananthapuram

TPURAM: Former Union Minister of State for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor on Saturday arrived in his home constituency and said that he feels powerful on witnessing such a big support of people.

On arrival, Tharoor was accorded a warm welcome by his supporters. Large number of people gathered near the airport to express their support to the former minister.

This is Tharoors first visit to his home state after resigning from the Union Cabinet.

I am very happy after coming here and receiving all your support. Seeing your support makes me feel powerful, said Tharoor.

Addressing Congress workers after arriving at the airport he said, I am glad that my resignation has led to thorough probe into the corrupt practices in IPL and many truths are coming out. I joined politics to serve the people and I will continue doing that. I am happy to be back among my people. You are my strength. I used my personal contacts to work in the interest of Kerala.

Tharoor was taken to the District Congress Committee (DCC) office where he addressed Congress workers drawn from Thiruvananthapuram district

No comments:

bloggers