Kozhikode, May 17 (IANS) Twenty passengers, including five children, on the non-stop Hazrat Nizamuddin (Delhi)-Ernakulam Duronto Express were Monday admitted to a hospital here after suffering from food poisoning.
One of the passengers, admitted to Kozhikode Beach Hospital here, said that they fell ill after eating breakfast, served around 10 a.m.
�We had bread, butter and omelette. After an hour, we developed nausea and started vomiting and some had loose motions. The train arrived at the Kozhikode railway station around 11.40 a.m and many passengers who felt uncomfortable were taken to the hospital, said the passenger, who did not wish to be identified.
Kozhikode MP M.K. Raghavan told IANS that initial indications were that it was a case of food poisoning.
�I visited all the people in the hospital and barring one passenger, all others are okay now. We have decided to provide all facilities to the co-passengers travelling along with the hospitalised. After those hospitalised are fit, arrangements to send them to their destination would also be taken care of,� he said.