Saturday, February 27, 2010

Honorary Doctorate for Resul Pookutty

MUMBAI: Oscar winning sound engineer Resul Pookutty is elated that he will soon be awarded an honorary doctorate and says that it is extra special because it comes from a Sanskrit university in Kerala.



\"It\'s a big honour that Sankaracharya Sanskrit University is offering me a doctorate. By winning the Oscar last year, everyone felt that there was a lot of Indian-ness in the Oscar; there were lots of togetherness in the Oscar, lot of brotherhood... maybe it is in recognition of all that the university has decided to give me the doctorate,\" Pookutty said.



\"I feel very honoured, specially because it is coming from a Sanskrit university,\" he said.



He will be awarded the doctorate by Kerala\'s Sree Sankaracharya Sanskrit University March 16.



So is he good at Sanskrit himself?



\"I studied Sanskrit in my school. It was my third optional language but I am not that acquainted with the language any more,\" said Pookuty, who won the Oscar for his work in Slumdog Millionaire.



Pookutty revealed that he had two Hollywood projects in hand but was reluctant to disclose any details in advance.



\"I already have two Hollywood projects, but it\'s too early to speak about them now,\" he said.



Shooting for one film would start early March, while the other would begin in July, he added.

No comments:

bloggers